Recognized for liver transplants with lowest biliary complication rate, Dr. Vivek Vij is applauded for minimum expenses on post-operative biliary complications. He aims to take Liver Transplant in India to a much higher level by improving basic research facilities for high end research.
Achievements & Milestones
- The only candidate from India to be selected in prestigious ‘Roche Preceptorship Training Program in Liver Transplantation’ (2006) at University of Alabama, USA.
- Vivek Vij at al, Decision-Analysis for selection of Graft type in right Lobe LRLT Selection of Donor Grafts – Oral presentation and travel award in ILTS
- Lowest Biliary Complication rate (<4%) in Living Donor Liver Transplant (LDLT) worldwide.
- First to Graft harvest of posterior sector for living-donor liver transplantation
- First active Liver transplantation Centre in Uttar Pradesh
- First to transplant with Cavo-atrial Anastomosis in India
- First to carry out combined liver-kidney transplants (CLKT) for children suffering from hyperoxaluria (excessive urinary excretion of oxalate)
- First surgeon from Indian subcontinent to publish a series of laparoscopic donor hepatectomy in ‘Liver Transplantation’.
- Member of International Liver Transplant Society (ILTS), Chicago
- Esteemed Member of International Hepato-Pancreato Biliary Association (IHPBA)
- Member of Indian Society Of Organ Transplantation (ISOT)
- Two awards for clinical excellence from Fortis Healthcare
- Awarded by Ministry of Health (Mongolia)