Number of Seats: 2
- DM/DNB Medical Gastroenterology
- DM Hepatology
Course curriculum and responsibilities: During the tenure of the fellowship the fellow will have structured rotation in the following areas for comprehensive learning and exposure.
- Hepatology OPD and interventional endoscopy
- Liver transplant OPD (including follow up OPD)
- Post liver transplant ICU and critical care
- One original research paper/Thesis
- Hepatology OPD and interventional endoscopy: The fellow post in hepatology outpatient will have the following responsibilities.
- Patient history taking and evaluation and actively participating in planning management.
- Admission, daily rounds, management and discharges of the IPD patients.
- Assisting and performing interventional procedures like diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopies, ERCPs, Liver biopsy etc.
- Liver transplant OPD (including follow up OPD): Fellow posted in Liver transplant OPD will have following responsibilities.
- Complete preoperative evaluation of the liver transplant patient along with case presentation and discussions in multidisciplinary meetings along with surgical colleagues.
- Running the follow up liver transplant OPD along with and in coordination with surgical colleagues.
- Post liver transplant ICU and critical care: Fellows in Liver transplant ICU will have following responsibilities:
- Managing patients in the ICU along with critical post-operative care including immunosuppression.
- Daily rounds of the post liver transplant patients and planning management.
Teaching and academic activities: The fellows will actively participate in the departmental teaching activities (Journal clubs and Case presentations), which will be held thrice a week. The monthly academic rooster will be made and will be available in the last week of every month.Publications and research work: All fellows will have to actively participate in the research paper work and publish at least 1 original paper/case series in index journal. Topic will be allotted within 1 month of joining and the data collection should be completed within 6 months. He/she should also be presenting at least one paper in Hepatology and/or transplant specific national/international conference. Share your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org